Saturday, February 11, 2012

I hate the wait

There is nothing I dislike more than waiting.
...waiting in lines at walmart...waiting in traffic...waiting on someone who is running late...waiting on the phone call to tell me if I got the job or not...
Waiting stinks!
The worst part about waiting is that many times you don't know when the wait is going to be over.

That's where I am right now in life. Waiting. And I don't know when the light is going to turn green.
I feel like every area of my life is just ...waiting.
I like knowing what is going on, but right now I think the Lord is just bringing me to a new place of trust in him. I have to trust that He has it all under control. He is not going to allow me to miss the deadline. Even though I don't have any idea what that deadline is right now.

There is so much that I want to do. I just want to busy myself. I know that busy-ness is not the answer for me. I know that this time of waiting is so important. It is stretching me. It is teaching me to rely on the Lord.  But it is SO HARD.

Jesus, help me to embrace this season. Help me to just be still and know that you are God. Help me to wait.

1 comment:

  1. Waiting with you.. trusting God...it is hard facing the unknown, but with God at the helm, we know He'll get us there....in His perfect timing. This is my full-time job now..learning to trust God.

    Hope you'ge received good news since this post:)

    Blessings
    Patrina<")>><

    ReplyDelete