Sunday, July 3, 2011

Processing

Something I am thinking about right now is what it really means to be righteous. Righteousness has nothing to do with what I do. It has everything to do with my faith. (Romans 4:5) We can be righteous because of what Jesus did for us on the cross. (Romans 5:19)
According the Romans 4 and 5, Faith and Righteousness are directly connected. You can't have one without the other.
Read it here!
Abraham had many different reasons to doubt God's promises. But he didn't. Because of his faith He was made righteous. We have been made right in God's sight by faith. (Romans 5:1)

Righteousness is- Attained by Faith- A Free Gift- Brings Freedom from Sin

Righteousness causes you to have victory over sin and death. That is something that I have NEVER thought before. Romans 5:17 says that the grace and righteousness causes us to triumph over sin and death. 
Adam's sin brings condemnation for everyone, but Christ's one act of righteousness brings right relationship with God and new life for everyone. (vs 18)

This is why no one is righteous in their self as Romans 3:10-18 says. It's because it's based off faith. Romans 3:24 says that God declares us to be righteous. I can do nothing to please God. I can't boast in having done anything to be accepted by God. My acquittal is not based on obeying the law. It is based on faith. I am made right with God through faith, not by obeying the law. (Romans 3:27-28)

I have got so caught up in trying to be righteous when it is not something that I can work for. You have no idea how much of a weight is lifted off my shoulders when I realize that. I am still processing and trying to figure this all out... it's not worded pretty or anything... It's pretty much just down how I think it.   The Holy Spirit is really exposing just a works mentality in me lately. He is bringing me face to face with it. I have no choice but to confront it and deal with it. I don't have to work to please Jesus. He is already pleased with me. That's pretty awesome to think about. 

I have a ton to process still. 





No comments:

Post a Comment