Thursday, March 6, 2014

Lent- Day 2

I've always hated doing laundry. There's nothing fun about it. However, it is a necessary evil. The more I do laundry, the more that I have to do it seems. Wash the clothes, dry the clothes, fold and hang them and oh, wait! by the time I get all of the clothes hung and put away, it's time to start the cycle all over again! It's madness, I tell you!! As I sit here waiting to hear the not so pleasant buzz of the washer telling me it is time to switch the clothes over I wonder if God ever feels this way about me. By the time all my mess has been cleaned and put neatly away, another crisis occurs thus leading to more laundry.
I sometimes feel as though my life has been one big crisis. Every time I turn around there is another pile of junk that I need to sort through with the Lord. Does He get tired of sorting through it all with me?
I'm convinced that he doesn't.
Philippians 1:6 says that He began a good work in me and He is faithful to carry it out to completion
Exodus 34:6 says The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.
Psalm 98:3 says He has remembered His steadfast love and faithfulness to the house of Israel. All the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.
Romans 3:3 says what if some were unfaithful? Does their faithlessness nullify the faithfulness of God?
I am convince that He doesn't get fed up with my drama. I am convinced that He is more than willing and ready to work through it with me. I am convinced that even in the messiest part He longs to get down in the mess with me, pick me up, clean me off and love me tenderly. I am convinced that He is faithful and good.
When I have my doubts, I am reminded of His faithful love for Israel. How many times did they wander away only to be lovingly drawn back and cleaned up by a good, gracious, and merciful God?
He is close to the brokenhearted. He binds up their wounds. He isn't afraid of the oozing, gooey, infected mess in my heart. It doesn't turn him away. He reaches in and gently cleans out the infection and brings healing and life to every broken, wounded area. How beautiful is this God?!

No comments:

Post a Comment