Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Values: Kingdom Family

I grew up with the knowledge the the church/Christians were brothers and sisters- that we were some sort of family because God was our Father in heaven, but I didn't really understand the fullness of that. I didn't understand what it really meant to be in a family and have God as Father. I still don't know if I fully understand it. But this one thing I am sure of- I will pursue the fullness of life found in Kingdom Family for as long as I live. I want to be known as one who lived and died for Kingdom Family. I want to be remembered as one who loved and was loved because of my understanding of what family is.

I am on a journey to Kingdom Family.

The first key to living in Kingdom Family is understanding who the Father is and what his plan for family is.
I'm sitting here processing through some things thoughts I have on the Father and His family and the first thing that comes to mind is this- If God wanted to call the Church something other than a family he would have called Himself something other than a Father. Every single one of us have a little child inside of us that is crying out, "I just want someone to see me and love me!" This cry is what sends us looking for lesser loves if we don't comprehend the love of Father.
When we know who He is and what He says about us we can confidently find our place in the Family.
The reason that Jesus died on the cross was to make a way for all of mankind to have a place in the family. It pleased the Family of God- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit- for Jesus to die on the cross so that I could be adopted into the Family. The cross wasn't a frustrated reaction to the state of mankind, it was the dream of the Father's heart to create family on earth.
Now that I am in the family, what does that look like? What does it mean for me personally to value Kingdom Family?

It is my desire to see the reality of the love that the Father has for the Son and the Son has for the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit for the Father spill over into my life daily in the way that I interact and love others.

Family loves deep.
It reads like romance but lives like sacrifice.
Family celebrates each other.
Family serves each other.
Family honors.
Family forgives.
Family shows grace.
Family welcomes others in.
Family is contagious.

I value family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment