Monday, July 13, 2009

Unconditional Love

Unconditional Love.
Unconditional: Not subject to any conditions.
Love is hard. Love can hurt. Love brings healing. Unconditional love is something that I dream of having. Somedays, thats a hard dream to live. I ask the Lord to help me love like He loves. Somedays, I don't live it. Love is a choice. Unconditional love is a harder choice. What is Love anyway? 
Patient
Kind
Not jealous
Not boastful
Not proud
Not rude
Not self-seeking
Not irritable
Keeps not record of being wronged
Does not rejoice about injustice
Rejoices when truth wins out
Never gives up
Never loses faith
Is always hopeful
Endures through every circumstance
How many of those can we say we really are? Joy is Patient, Joy is Kind, Joy is not jealous.... How many if we are totally honest? If this is what love is. and we are supposed to love like Jesus, where do we fall short? Where do we excel? What are areas we need to work on? 
It's hard sometimes to love unconditionally. We aren't perfect and we never will be. I have the tendency to beat myself up sometimes. But I was reminded to night by some one that if we were perfect at everything we wouldn't need Jesus. He wouldn't have had to die if we were expected to get everything right. This post is way different than I had planned for it to turn out. Maybe I'll right another one later. For now, this is it.
How can you love more like Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment